Brother Personal Information Collection Statement
1. We would like to collect and use your personal data for the purpose listed below ("Authorized Purpose").
- Members or Products registration
- Order Delivery
- Process gift redemption,
- Customer service including products, services provided, responding to complaints or enquiries, or share company news and offerings with you.
2. You shall consult your parent or guardian before giving us your personal data if you are under the age of eighteen.
3. Please note that (*) is the mandatory field for you to provide personal data. In the event that you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
4. You have the right to refuse providing your personal data to us. However, certain gift may not be available to you if such personal data is not supplied, incomplete, incorrect, or misleading.
5. Personal data supplied by you will be retained in one or more of our databases and in different formats and be secured with restricted access by our authorized personnel through appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorization. Your personal data will be kept in the strictest confidence and for a reasonable period necessary to attain the above specified purposes.
6. We will not to use your Personal Data for any purpose other than the authorized purpose.
7. While we will take all practicable and reasonable steps to protect personal data from unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction or loss, we may transfer/assign such data to the following parties:
- any agent, suppliers, contractor, professional advisors, or third party service provider who provides administrative, computer and other services to us and/or the relevant service(s) in connection with the Service;
- any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirement of any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are expected to comply;
- governmental authorities or other third parties assisting us detecting, investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
8. We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which such data was collected. We will then destroy such data unless their retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
9. If you have any requests for accessing to your personal data or for the correction of your personal data, or if you would like any further information regarding our policies and practices, please address your enquiries to:
Brother International (HK) Ltd.
Units A & B 12/F, KC100,No. 100 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, New Territories H.K.
Data Protection Officer, Marketing Department
Email: [email protected]
*In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
3rd December 2019 Revised Version